HybridZ

Possible Header Source?

Z-Dreamer

Guest Anonymous

Well....no I'm not sure and am open to others knowledge.

But here's my take. This will be going on a standard mill 350 SBC with mild cam, edelbrock performer intake and a road demon 650 carb. I hope :rolleyes: to produce about 300hp. This will be the daily driver and I'm hoping this should fit my needs. From the headers I was going to drop into 3" tubes and then to a Y connecting to dynomax mag race muffler then out to the back and into a dynomax ultraflo muffler. I'm trying to quiet everything down without losing to much hp and I'm thinking this will work.

Now, knowing I'm only expecting 300hp I think the above is a pretty doable....I'd appreciate everyones insight as I need to order the last parts soon in order to meet my 'installation window' :D

On another note you might find this interesting reading from the sanderson site regarding collector sizing and hp powerband curve. According to sanderson oversized primarys can cost you hp???

http://www.sandersonheaders.com/letsgettech3.htm

I'd be careful there... You absolutely need larger primaries for 300HP... GrumpyVette and others can jump in, but I'd bet you'll stand to loose significant HP in running a 1.5inch primary. What head are you planning to run? You want the exhaust ports to match the header intake ports as much as possible, and on a 1.5 inch primary tube, you aren't gonna have much chance of getting good flow with anything other than small exhaust ports. My advice is to atleast look at the 1 5/8th inch units. I used the Flowtech Ceramic coated headers in 1 5/8 inch primary tube design and had pretty good fit on a 383 stroker, although even those had small port sizes for my Dart Conquest heads. If you plan to upgrade your heads later, I'd look at getting the right header now. Several of us are looking into the Rewarder 1 3/4 primary headers mentioned in another thread here... Just my advice, but I wouldn't spend a dime on anything less than a 1 5/8 and send your head-matched header gasket to the maker of the header you are looking at so they can match up the header flanges for you. LOTS of power to be gained or lost in exhaust flow.... And reaching 300HP, you can make or break that number by using the wrong components.

Mike Kelly :rolleyes: