HybridZ

LT1 Header ???s

Tim240z

You guys that are running the LT1 in your Zs....what headers are you using. I had originally bought the el Cheapo Summit block huggers (about $70) for the 1st gen SBC that I was planning on using. Now that I have the LT1, the passenger side collector fouls with the KNock sensor :mad::mad:

Also the angled plugs are a challenge with these headers (not impossible, just very close), but the Knock sensor is a biggy.

Any suggestions/reccomendations?

Thanks...

Tim

Guest Anonymous

I just plumbed the knock sensor with an elbow, still close but it cleared. I'm using hooker block hugger headers, probably very similar to summit's if not the same Good luck, Mark

Thanks for all the info Guys.

I dived into the wiring harness trying to trace everything and eliminate the unnecesary stuff.

MAN...no wonder these Camaros are so slow.. they have to carry around 10 tons of wiring!!

Guest Anonymous

Tim,

Elbo only moved the sensor about 3/4in. It is still in a coolant passge, just slightly relocated. As hard as I've driven the car over the years, I'm sure if it was not working I would have had problems with detonation by now. Car is still on the original 1993 bottom end with lots of track miles on it. Mark

Guest super280z

thanks for posting Rons site. i've been looking for it for a while now. i was under the impresion that the sens in the way of the header flange was a fan Temp switch since it's located in a coolant passage. or is it Definately a knock sens?

Guest 72240Z

I'm using Hooker block huggers.I'm going to cut off the flanges and weld on two and a half inch ninety degree bends with O2 bungs.