HybridZ

Yet another exhaust idea

Guest gprix1

Guest gprix1

This is a reply I added in a "Miscellaneous Tech" thread but thought it would be better to have ask it here in the exhaust forum.

Here's an idea I've kinda tossed around in that empty space between my ears. I've been thinking of leaving the stock fuel tank where it is, cutting the front and back of the spare tire-well open and having the mufflers actually inside the spare tire compartment and exiting straight out the back ala Mclaren style. Of course I would have to build a cover over it for inside the car to keep heat, noise, and exhaust out but what do y'all think?

Guest Anonymous

thats sorda what i had in minde for when i get a body kit.. so the muff tip would be coming the flush and in the middle of the rear skirt

01DJ_R2_.jpg

Did either of you check out Dan Juday's project photos ? He cut the entire spare tire well out, braced and and ran a dual system straight back through the rear valance "ala McClaren" Check it out. Your idea and more has been executed with class.

Next, check out the Rio Vista Event photos for more exhaust system ideas.

- SLEEK Z

Everytime I look at Dan's pics of that rear deck with the little gas tank and battery relocation, not to mention the cool exhaust set up I get inspired :D However, I think that I will try something like that on my next project and try to get my Z running by this fall...at least that is my goal.

Guest Anonymous

You should have seen it when he had the old mufflers on it... :D:D (Huh DavyZ heh) Picture a bull from behind... ;)

Regards,

Lone

Ps: Just bustin your chops Dan, it looks great now, they did a great job on it.

All right you guys, knock it off. shifty.gif

I guess I'll never live that down. :rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks for the NICE things that were said about my car. Sheeeesh!

Here is a shot with the heat shield in place. I had the same conserns about the proximity to the tank.

03DJ_R2_.jpg

I've got lots more shots. One day Eric will put them up so all can see. Right Eric? Eric? :D

Guest Anonymous

Man oh man, Dan can't you afford any more than your favorite crescent wrench to tighten those bolts. I at least expected Craftsman or even Snap On. A red handle so you won't lose it too ! One size fits all

Guest Anonymous

That is the best looking rear exhaust around. No doubt you are in serious competitive mode for the Rio Vista exhaust pipe shoot out in 2003