HybridZ

msa twice pipes good or bad?

Guest non visitor

Guest non visitor

i'm going to order some twice-pipes for my atomatic 240z tomarrow. i already got the 6 into 2 jetcoat headers, and i was thinking that i would get them installed at the same time as the headers. after all i wouldn't want to weld a 2.5" collector to my current smaller diameter stock exaust. besides i want the sound!

what are the problems with the msa twice pipes? will they harm my 2.4 l-6 engine in any way? and will i have any performance loss from stock? does it sound ricey or more v8-ish?

thanks weird.gif

Loud is an understatement--I had the twice pipes on my car for a few years; get used to shouting at passengers to be heard.

I ended up ordering a Supertrapp from Jegs, and had a local shop just run straight pipe from the collector back, and weld the muffler on--MUCH quieter, plus I could adjust the muffler. The Supertrapp was around $80, and the muffler shop charged me $100 (under the table, cash only, no warranty, forgot to put in one of those catalytic doohickeys when they worked on it:) )

Jim

Guest non visitor

a 10hp loss compared with single 2 1/2"?

damn,, i aready ordered them! ugg.gif

i never heard of ajustable mufflers!

can you tell me anything good about the twice pipes to make me feel better? :(

For info on the mufflers: Supertrapp

As far as good info about them.....well....they are nice and shiny chunks of pipe when you get the box open...not too hard to install...good for annoying the living daylights out of your neighbors when you have to leave for work at 4 AM :D