HybridZ

Time for new exhaust on my V8 Z

Guest the_dj

My Hooker Block Huggers don't work with my new angle plug heads. I have a 3" single exhaust now.

I'm looking at the S&S 1 3/4" full lengths. Someone mentioned having the 3" collector replaced with a 2.5" collector.

Would it improve power to go with those and go dual 2.5" instead of the single 3"?

Sam

My problem is the spark plugs. I need to space the headers like 1/2" off the block to use them. Is there a way to do this? I hate to give up my coated hookers.

frown.gifsour.gif I want my car to run. What do I do????

Have a look at jegs.com. I seem to remember them seeling something like that, or if that fails, just get a set of header flanges from hooker (or hedman, I can't remember which) and use them as spacers (won't be 1/2 inch, but 3/8 inch may be enough).

I feel your pain. My LT1 angle plug heads are creating the same issues. I've been through 3 sets of headers, thus my plans to make my own.The S&S headers have excellent clearance around the plugs....just not at the collector flange :mad::mad::mad:

Tim

What a PITA. What can I do??

The flanges are really expensive :( Might as well just get new headers for that price.

What about Dynomax 1 5/8" full lengths? Would they work?

• 1 month later...