HybridZ

My sds Z31 gets dyno results

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

After my first dyno tuning session here are the numbers guys - I am pretty impressed as the low hp run was 8psi and the high hp run was 16psi.

the torque scares me =)

mattback-oct28-lowVShighboost.gif

Guest Anonymous

it is a TE44 turbocharger. It really shows how as the turbo comes into its good area of 13-19 psi the effieicney and power truly does more then just double.

It was prepared by Jeff also known as Mad-Max who deserves to be in HybridZ also.

He has a 1983 Nissan maxima sedan with a 280ZXT motor that runs 11.90.

Guest Anonymous

Images of the Mad-Max

Sorry I don't have more pictures of it, but that's all that I had before my digital camera was stolen. icon_mad.gif

Well, My car is a 1984 Base model Z31. I was told they weighed in at about 3000 pounds empty. As any good hardcore racer would try to do, I have removed everything not necessarry except for the passengers seat. a/c p/s cruisecontrol all lines blowers heater core interior front bumper rear bumper stupid brackets in the interior and tons of other stupid shit is gone along with all the stupid rubber sound deadening material has all been removed from this car. So I am hoping for around 2900 lbs in my car, possibly maybe less then that. It goes to the track and on the scales tomorrow. I hope it does a good job!!

Duh, I was thinking early Z at first.

At 450HP and who knows what torque my 3500+ lb turbocharged Mustang went 12.15(best) and 118mph (best). I believe the weight was closer to 3700lbs but I'm fuzzy on that - it was shocking heavy and that was without my fat butt in it. Power was calculated off of the MPHweight, no dyno runs ever. That was with a T5 and 3.08 gears - M&H DOT tires. I was a lousy driver with 60fts never under 2.0 that I recall icon_sad.gif

You sure he won't make 11s? Maybe power was higher in my car than I realized?

Guest Anonymous

I was only able to run 1.0 Bar tonight due to a little bit of detonation I was getting. I am not getting enough air to the intercooler, so I had to let the boost go down. Oh well, I will move the intercooler to a front mount very soon!

Watch this video to check out how I do, It's well worth it for you Hybrid Z car fans!

http://www.3rdshift.org/video/mattvsmkiv.wmv

Matt, you have the I/C BEHIND the radiator??? Yikes!!!

Supra do not lauch strong but you really left him sleeping. What was the 60'?

Did you put the car on the scales? My guess is 3350# with you in it.

Whare exactly is the Bradenton track and how would I get to it from Orlando? Is it also called DeSoto.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah it's also known as Desoto Drag way!!!

Z31 Drag Racing 1/4 Mile page

Check out that link for my time slip. Maybe you can give me some pointers!!

I weighed my car without me in the car and it weighed 2700 LB with just under 1/2 a tank of fuel in the car. I am guessing that is good, but it makes me feel like my car is really slow now!! =(

Oh well, I have street tires on it, and i was not spinning coming off the line hardly at all!! It means I can launch harder if i Really work at it! TONIGHT IS CLUB 1320 FULL STREET RACING AT DESOTO from 8pm to 2am. Call me 727 278 6357 If you want to hook up dude!

My intercooler is mounted Top Mount - where the air filter usually goes on a Z31. I was trying for a cool hood scoop look but it turned out to be crummy, and I've decided that a front mount will just work better anyways.

enginebay-hurricane.jpg

There it is =)