HybridZ

Did someone say traction control?

BLKMGK

This thread talks about it's install on a Supra but the company sells the boxes for customer install so with the addition of a few wheel sensors (and EFI of course) we ought to be able to have traction control on the Z too! Hrm, this oculd be pretty sweet! The AEM ECU guy has already said though that their new ECU can handle this so perhaps that would be a much cheaper way to go since we'd need an ECU for the EFI anyway... We'll see - need some bolt-on ABS too! bonk.gif

The DTA P8Pro has traction control with wet/dry settings, launch control, full power shift cut, turbo anti-lag control, multiple RPM limits, and more. http://www.dtafast.co.uk/

For traction and launch control you'll need to install wheel sensors on the car. For the shift cut you'll need an electronic sensor in the gearbox or on the shifter.

DTAfast? Oh yes - they use GEMs which is the software that the AEM computer's software is being based off of. At least that looks like GEMs - I've got the WEB site for them here somewhere but that all looked pretty familiar.

BTW a group buy for Supra owners is being put together for the AEM PnP computer. Can you say $1400 or less?! Somebody pinch me - if this is as good as it says Motec is in trouble! We'll see, I'm waiting to hear feedback on eval units right now. The race software demo is a brute but that sucker is WAY capable! Anti-lag? Not a problem. Full throttle shifts? No problem, switch on the clutch pedal cuts fuel or whatever but keeps the turbos spinning (fuel in the manifold). The future looks quite bright flamedevil.gif

i would not but abs into a z unless it cycled faster than the units that are found on american cars.as far as hooking up the traction control on a dtafast unit or aem unit look on late model cars in junk yards for ideas or parts.since i service abs systems at work i know what parts i can use from work to complete the traction control inputs.all the friends that have used abs in cars at track drivers schools dont like it but the newer bmw's & porsches probably have a better(mucho bucks) abs controller.

quote:

Originally posted by randy 77zt:

i would not but abs into a z unless it cycled faster than the units that are found on american cars.

Huh? I guess I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to here, but in general, the American made cars use pretty much the same ABS systems that the Europeans do. There are only a handful of suppliers for this technology, and I know for a fact that most of them use the same hardware with different vehicle-specific tuning on whatever car the system is going in, regardless of whether it's a Ford or a BMW.