HybridZ

DIY WB O2

BLKMGK

Check out this site ->OZ WB O2

Prices on those sensors have fallen from $300+ to just over $100! The add-on controller box can cost as much as $400 to buy but these guys are selling kits to build a suitable unit for fa rless. You DO end up needing a display unit - it can't be helped unless you want to go nutz building and programming one of those too. I WANT one of these and will be speaking to a friend abouot it ASAP, he loves to build stuff like this icon_smile.gif I could do it I think but he's FAR better with the solderingdetail work and has access to awesome equipment. Anyone else interested?

• 2 weeks later...

I've ordered 4 heater module kits and two display kits. Lowest price yet found for the O2s is $117 online. It's coming from Aussie land so the kits will take a few weeks to get here and then it's on to the assembly! Will post when I know how hard it's likely to be icon_smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

I'm gonna wait until (hopefully) their next model comes out so I can use the PC interface, and so a wider range of sensors will work. I don't understand though -- does the parts kit come WITH a PCB or do you have to buy the two separate items?

I've heard rumblings about a serial datalogger and supposedly the parts kit may have some additional parts in it for this. T

he PCB, professionally done apparently, and the parts kits are SEPERATE yes. I've purchased the PCB, th eparts kit, and th edisplay kit. As for th ewider range of sensors - there are only two reasonably priced UEGO sensors out there - one is Bosch, the other NTK. The NTK is what the kit I'm buying uses and it costs something like $117 online. The other sensor is more expensive I believe. Since I shouldn't have to switch out sensors (an OEM item remember) I'm not too worried about this issue. Of a bigger concern is the O2 connector - I want to use th estock style connector so that I don't have to remove and solder the calibration resistor to my PCB icon_sad.gif Finding one could be difficult or expensive - we'll see. One of the list members has found a source and is checking on price for new ones.

Scottie - I think a UEGO sensor would be a great idea for your car....

Oh, next rev of this kit won't be anything other than vapor until next month it looks like. Seriel datalogging sounds interesting to me but remember that it's really the software that drives something like that. What will you use to analyze it and what other sensors will you get logged at the same time? That could get complicated in a hurry! One of th elist members mentioned having a multichannel datalogger plans set awhile ago but has yet to share it icon_sad.gif Again, you have to have the software to be able to analyze this data before it does any good...

Well, TimZ and myself have 4 of those boards coming as of last week. We will modify them to give an output voltage of 0-1V instead of the 1.3-3.?V or whatever it was. This will allow use to utilize the wideband with the Tech and allows us to stay in closed loop under full boost if desired. We will also make a display unit for the setup. TimZ is an electrical engineer and my father has degrees in electrical engineering and teaches EE at FSU, so between them I think we can get this done.

Guest Anonymous

I'm thinking about just doing the current version of the DIY-WB instead of waiting for the 'updated' version. I can just build a DAC to interface it to the computer. The rest is coding and that's easy. Looks like I'm gonna go order it now!

Guest Anonymous

OH!

If anyone is interested (just remembered):

I recently bought a data acquisition kit from DATAQ.COM. It has a 4 channel adc (I meant to say ADC in my last post) and a 2 channel digital input. The interface is serial, and it comes with software for measuring and graphing the inputs. There's also an SDK available. The sweet part is that it only costs $13. Go to their web site and click the link to the windaq starter kit. OR... WINDAQ Starter Kit