HybridZ

Major Score Finally!

Yes 2thumbs.gif I finally found what I've been looking for icon_biggrin.gif . What's that you say? A killer deal that's what 2thumbs.gif ! Let me explain, as an Automotive Rep with Safety Kleen, I deal with hundreds of accounts and many of them are speed shops, engine builders and such. Well, awhile ago I mentioned to Bob Johnson of Johnson Racing my Hybrid project and my desire for a SBC deal. Well, as it turns out, Bob had a customer that stiffed him for major machine work on a NASCAR West Coast motor. So... Bob calls me with a "DEAL". Are you ready? Ok, here goes icon_smile.gif 1. NASCAR SBC four bolt 350 fully machined ( bored, honed, line-honed and decked) new ARP studs. 2. Pontiac Motorsports Aluminum Heads # 10033867 ( 2.100 intake valves, 1.625 exhausts, 62cc ). The heads are bare, but are fully machined, ported and ready for assemble. 3. New! Scat 9000 series crankshaft 3.48" stroke. 4. New! Forged Manley pistons. 5. 6" Forged H-beem rods. 6. New! Clevite bearings. Ok, how much? How about $1500 icon_eek.gif I'm sooo stoked! This combo will give a 10:1 comp for the street. I plan on using shaft mounted roller rockers and a solid roller cam. Sorry I got so long winded, I'm just so happy icon_smile.gif

P.S. All cam suggestions are welcome icon_biggrin.gif

Mark

great deal!!!!!!!but do yourself a huge favor and call CRANE CAMS 1-386-258-6174 for your cam advise as those heads flow enough that the cam choice is critical to your engines success and DONT USE A DUAL PLANE INTAKE it will choke those heads to death, use something like a http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/AMS/AMSM/300-105.html

and at least a 750 cfm carb and 1 3/4" headers minimum, putting a dual plane intake and a set of shorty headers with a 600 cfm carb will cost you at least 70 hp!

Thanks guys, I still can't believe how I stumble into these deals. Bob Johnson (now my engine builder) said the same thing about the cam and intake choices. Critical is the Word, Bob swears by Crane Cams and sugguested a solid street roller and a good single plane intake design. I want to run long tube headers, at least 1.75", but the heads are angle plugs and I don't know if the S&S long tubes will work or if I'll have to have customs made. Any ideas? GrumpyVette, do you know where I can find the flow numbers for these heads? Thanks again guys.

Mark 2thumbs.gif

there are so many unknowns here that any real hp/tq numbers are going to depend on what you pick but with an average set of 1 3/4" headers, that holley intake and 750 carb and a CRANE cams solid roller cam (that set of heads is capable of 520-560 hp and getting (a little more) is not that hard! like I said talk to crane cams!

WoW, I was hoping for an honest 450HP! I'm starting to think this project is going to turn out rather NASTY when I'm done with it. I'm going to have to but a 14 point cage in this First! Hm... I know where I can get some WIDE IMSA three piece rims from a early 80's 280Z. 2thumbs.gif

Mark