HybridZ

The Great injector hunt

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone here has a list of injectors, their flow rates, impedance, and vehicle application for higher output injectors(like 350cc/min plus) I nosed around a little bit and this is what I got from the RX7 sites:

Good luck finding a 12AT turbo motor from Japan-only SA22C in the states 850cc/min injectors on that puppy

1984-1985 GSL-SE (one pair) - 680cc/min, top-feed, low-impedence

1986-1987.5 non-turbo (two pairs) - 460cc/min, top-feed, low-impedence, rectangle plug

1986-1987.5 turbo (two pairs) - 550cc/min, top-feed, low-impedence, rectangle plug

1987.5-1988 non-turbo (two pairs) - 460cc/min, top-feed, high-impedence, rectangle plug

1987.5-1988 turbo (two pairs) - 550cc/min, top-feed, high-impedence, rectangle plug

1989-1991 non-turbo (two pairs) - 460cc/min, top-feed, high-impedence, oval plug

1989-1991 turbo (two pairs) - 550cc/min, top-feed, high-impedence, oval plug

1993-1995 turbo (two, staggered pairs) - (two) 550cc/min primaries, side-feed, high-impedence / (two) 850cc/min secondaries, side-feed, high-impedence

I'm wondering if anyone has a list of GM apps, Ford apps or whatever to add to this...basically anything I can find in a junkyard, or even a cheap aftermarket source...

2.3liter Probes were indeed Mazda made - not the same motor as was used in the SVOMerkurPinto ;)

I'm looking for low impedance injectors in a 650cc+ size. Anyone seen a pic of those Mazda injectors? Would LOVE to use something like that if I could. Have a source for 850cc flowed top feed low impedance injectors for $90 apiece but need a rail for the Supra first.

Fords.. Mustang HO was 19lbs, Lightning was 30lbs I think. 24 was found in the Cobra and some trucks. GMs had pretty low flow injectors if I recall. 460 big block Fords may have had some decent sized injectors, I'm not sure. I might be able to use 72lb low impedance too.

Keep 'em coming guys - this is needed info bigtime.

Guest Cusp

Anybody know if the injectors from Ford Probe Turbos is the same as the SVO/Merkur injectors? The probe is a 2.3L turbo, it sounds like the same motor, and the intercoolers for those cars is the same. I think the 2.3 Probe is Mazda-made, if that helps narrow it down. Same as the mx-6.

Guest Anonymous

hey blkmgk...if you read my initial post, you will see that the 84-85 GSL-SE has 680cc injectors of the type that you are looking for...all ya gotta do is find 3 of the cars in a junkyard somewhere and pocket the injectors for free...(if you find any more than that, wanna give me a good deal?) btw, here is a pic of those injectors...

gslseinj.jpg

Guest Anonymous

BTW, I like the list that you posted that showed injectors that worked with the factory efi, but in the interests of being thorough, it would be cool to get as many different types of injectors that we can find...some people are willing to install SDS and other similar systems that would make these injectors worthwhile to find...

the injectors on my boat are barb style like the mercedes 450 and oem z car injectors.engine is a 2.5 liter merc 2 stroke v6 outboard .injectors are supposed to be 50 lbs /hour.engine makes 260 hp out of 150 cubes at 8000 rpm.injectors have to be big since motor fires on every stroke-not much time for the on pulse to work with at 8000rpm.i will post the bosch # soon.your local air cooled vw shop can usually order bosch parts by part #.

Guest Anonymous

BLKMGK-

here's a pair http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1827155562

only $35 right now.

Now I'm wondering.. the 550cc injectors these will be replacing.. are they predestined to be reused by you or would you consider offing them? I'd be more interested in buying a pair from someone whom could document them rather than just heresay- ebay, or elsewhere. Plus, they could go to fuel a Z! Whadd'ya think? email me if so.. cheers.gif

-980mak rockon.gif

btw, here's a little eye-candy I just had to post

hail.gifcome and Z

Guest Anonymous

It's right in there under MB 4.5L but they're listed at 380cc/min, not 420...I'm also wondering if any of these are diesel applications, as this might be a problem...I see a set of injectors for a 6.9 liter engine in there...didn't know anyone made a 6.9 liter gasoline engine...Also the site doesn't seem to be an American site, and so there is also the possibility that the sizes are different because the cars themselves are different in the US...

They did make a 6.9 benz but good luck finding any injectors they are rare and you would have to fight the MB collectors for them....

anyone looked at the newer 454 chevys with port fuel injection or the v10 dodge...????

Unfortunatly in order to use those injectors I need a fuel rail. Top feed fuel rails for the Supra run - get this - $350!!! What I really need are some side feed peak/hold injectors (sigh). Blitz makes some 860cc units that will fit my car - only $160 apiece :eek: So, I can buy new Accell units for $90 each and a $350 rail, or buy 6 Blitz @ $160 and a modified rail (AN fittings) for $75. Used top feed injectors are appealing but only if I can find a rail that's reasonably priced. (sigh) Rail stock is $20 a foot max and some adapters have to be machined for the intake side. Cost to build is about $60 and don't think I've not considered ordering a rail and duplicating it! flamedevil.gif Got my ECU, got my MAP, am gong to get an AIT, need to get WB O2 and FUEL dang it.

Guest jens

The mercedes 6.9 with d-jetronic was only made for a short time before they switched to k-jetronic. The v8 mercedes/porsche k-jetronic has been used on many turbo projects with up to 400 hp. How about the injectors from a cadillac 500 or 425. I have seen pages claiming one of these engines uses the same injectors as a mercedes 6.9. I know the 500 uses low impediance 48 lbs injectors.

I know all about making them except that I actually DRIVE this car. To make one will require time to make measuremnts and figure out how to mount it. That's the only reason why these guys get so much for theirs - they've done some engineering is all. I'm considering buying one and copying th eheck out of it :D We'll see, bigger injectors on my stock rail, if found reasonably priced, would be ideal...

Could always rent a car for the days that you have your car down, and drive that rent a car to the ground, hehe.. flamedevil.gif Still would be saving money.

Just installed a set of the Merker XR4Ti/SVO injectors in my L24ET (orange 240Z), and they are doing fine. I was running the Mercedes 450 injectors, and they were too big. The car ran ruff, and smoked a little even with the head temp shorted out, and the AFM down pretty dang tight.

Car runs well up to 5.2K RPMS and then stumbles a bunch, which it didn't do before :mad: , used to be very strong up to 6.1K RPM, so something to figure out. I have all the gauges to figure this out: boost, air/fuel, fuel pressure.. Wish I had a duty cycle/duration type display on this stock `83 280ZXT ECU setup, but I guess I should just break down and get a stand alone for the L24ET at some point.

If the car stumbles, kinda back fires at a certain RPM does it usually mean you're running rich if the car doesn't detonate? I've felt the car detonate before, and this was different, just feels like a rev limiter.

Before I think it used to crap out at 6.1K RPMs because the ignition system couldn't keep up, or could I be floating the valves (stock high mileage P90 head). I've only got the 8mm rod bolts in this thing, anyone wanna guestimate as to how high I should be able to rev it before I throw something, or is there another limitation, like the valve springs? I'm running around 10 psi of boost, without an intercooler CR is 7.56:1. Timing is set to around 10 degrees after TDC. I've got an intercooler that needs end pipes welded on, I have the pipes, if someone can do the work for me at a good price please let me know.