HybridZ

tec 2

280z-racer

Guest Anonymous

I don't run one, but did research them a bit, a excellent fuel injection book I bought sings its praises (I think the author was from England or Australia) and I was pretty excited about it, looked dead simple to wire and the coil packs make it pretty cool. That was until I 'heard' the price was over 2k (about 2400 I heard, could be wrong though, I didn't find a vendor or get in touch with them about it)! Thats about double from some of the other computers around (of course thats with coil packs and such, but still), choke...

Regards,

Lone

The Tec II rocks. There are some people using them on the board. James down in FLA. You could contact Topend performance in CA, they have the with harness and stuff for about 1900. Then you have to get the timing wheel mounted on the harmonic balancer. Any good machine shop shoud be able to do that, or you can send your balancer and I think timing cover to topend and they will do it for you. They give you a break on it if you buy the tec system from them.

They also have base programs for just about any combination, so they should be able to give you tech support and get you up and running.

If you don't have a good understanding about the technical aspects of fuel injection and how engines and turbos' work, you may want to look at other options like using a JWT upgrade.

I recently bought the TEC3 system. I knew nothing about fuel injection before this and it's going to be a learning experience. The wiring looks intimidating at first, but after studying the manual, it seems do-able. The coil packs look awesome, and I like the fact that it replaces the distributor. The big downside is the cost. I got the whole thing for a lot more than I wanted to spend, but I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it. You can find a dealer at:

http://www.getfuelinjected.com