HybridZ

merkur injector info needed fast

spork

are the merkur/svo injectors 35 or 36 pound injectors and what are the cc's? I've heard all sorts of different things and I need to replace one that went out on my car and I want to make sure I get the right one. I've got ones that came on 85.5 or 86 svo. I've heard 365cc, 370cc, and 378cc. I know thats not much difference but I'd sure hate to lean that cylinder out in high boost. To top it all off everyone calls them browntops. are all the injectors the same with people just not knowing the correct #'s? I need to know quick as I bought a set of 4 that haven't shipped yet and I want to know they're right. He said they're 35 pound brown tops, but they're not bosch so I can't check part #s. thanks

James

Hmmmm...The differences you are hearing about are mostly measurement and conversion errors. The flow rate is dependent on the fuel pressure, some folks may test at 37 psi (2.5 bar) and others may test at 43 psi (3 bar). The conversion between lb/hr and cc/min is approximately 10.5, but I've also seen folks use 10.2.

The point is, they are approximately 36lb/hr or 370cc/min AT 100% duty cycle, so to determine if they will work for you, you need to measure them at your fuel pressure and if you can, measure them at the max duty cycle of your fuel controller. You can also do it mathematically, just multiply your max duty cycle by the flow you measure at 100%. There is some error due to time lost in movement, but it should be close. Remember, put some margin into your system - if you are running them on the edge, even a minor malfunction can be disasterous. bonk.gif

BTW - I measured these injectors to 360 - 370 cc/min at 37 psi fuel pressure, 100% duty cycle.