HybridZ

look for info on z31 eprom and bin files

turbobluestreak

I'm trying to find info on the z31 eprom and bin files and how they all work to gether. I'm diffiently going to need some bin decoders but I don't know where to get one or what one is the best to get can any one help me out here?? also does anyone have any info on the reprograming that jwt does? I would like to see how all the maps work together in order to program custom perfect working ecu's for everyone at a good price.

tbs 2thumbs.gif

I've got all of the above. What is your knowledge of motorola 8bit mcu's? What year of eccs are you using? Do you have an eprom burner/erasor. The prom is a basic 27128, I forget the exact p/n of the prom. I've got the code out of my 86 ecu. 84-85 ecu's have 24 pin proms that I can't read, and the ecu's have some Nissan exclusive chips that run a lot of stuff that are impossible to find data sheets on. I looked into using an rb20de ecu but never got a wiring diagram so I don't know how hard it would be to adapt. The rb ecu's are hacked enough to use larger injectors. JWT completely change the code from what it is in stock ecu. They also make hardware changes. Until someone with a jwt ecu comes forward with the code and compares the stock ecu to jwt ecu I think we are all sol.

Do a search for romtune or rom tune, you'll need a japanese to english webtranslator found here:http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr and a good page to check out is here: .http://ww5.enjoy.ne.jp/~seiya.z31/index.html I'm about to give up trying with this whole idea. Probably going accel dfi or something older like that when I find one for a good price. I've got all winter to think about it. In the meantime I'll help you as much as possible.

Bernard

Ok no I don't have those injectors in yet, I've been trying to get in touch with you for like ever, I spent the better part of the day talking to the largest nissan dealers in the country and the factory through the customer service people they said they only have info on 2000 and up eccs not 80's so it was to late to call back but I'm going to try and get jecs number and talk with them about getting the codes, also I'm going to make a few calls over to nissan japan about the codes need for reprograming. Also I'm not really faimlier but tommorrow I'm going to vist my friend who has reprogramed rom before, no I don't have a burnner/earser what sould I get to do this. I'm going to go to college this year for electrial engineering so I hope that I can help all I can with this I've been wanting to reprogram my ecu for a while now for a realy good cost.

tbs

really I know the number we need it's a dealer only number for the factory techs but I couldn't get this one dealer tech to give it to me. If I could get it with the help of a nice dealer and yes there out there I bet I could pose as a dealer and get all the print outs about the 300zx eccs or at least I hope. Also like I said I want to talk to jecs after all they built the damn thing. I would hope that they would have the best idea of how it works. Well if you have any ideas let me know I'm here to help all that I can and could you give me some infor on the motorola 8bit mcu's basic 27128. I want to learn more about it so I could possibly help out more. :cool: