HybridZ

OILE PRESURE?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok sence i have got th car the oil presure gage jumperd around like mad.. but they guy said it jsut needed another gage... 2night on my way home from work... i saw that the gage was as low as it coudl go... so is there a way to check to see if its the gage or the pump??? with out taking out the pump......... thanx a bucnh!

AJ

malebitchslap.gif

It's been a while since I've had the 6 cylinder motor, but could you not remove the sender from the block and replace it with an oil pressure gauge (may have to use a 1" or 2" nipple to extend it away from the block) to verify if you oil pressure is indeed low.

The oil pressure sender is pretty notorious for failing too. Easiest way to check for oil pressure is to start the car and take the oil cap off. It the cam is externally oiled, the oil should be squiting out pretty good, if internally, you should have oil come out on the valve cover. If you don't, you could have a clogged up pick up in the pan.

Years ago I rebuilt a turbo engine and that freakin' paint Nissan puts on the inside of the oil pan came off and trashed my engine. Needless to say, I NEVER EVER build a nissan engine without getting all that paint off now.