HybridZ

Problem with Edelbrock Performer 1406 Carb

I installed an Edelbrock performer 1406 on my 350 sbc engine one year ago. It ran well until this week.

Recently the engine started stalling while cruising. The engine sputters a few times and then quits. After letting the car sit for five minutes the engine will start and run a few miles and then sputter and stop. I removed the air cleaner and worked the throttle and did not see any gas spray into the carb. Then I let the electric fuel pump run for about two minutes and then worked the throttle observing fuel spray into the carb.

The engine stalls on hard braking and high speed turns.

I just replaced the fuel pump thinking my old pump was dying and causing the stalling problem. The new pump didn't help.

I now suspect that this my be a float problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Miles

Solved the problem. Took top off of the carb and found bits of rubber hose in the drivers side needle valve seat screen. Floats were out of adjustment too causing the engine to stall in high speed turns and stops. After adjusting the floats the engine no longer stalls.

Miles