HybridZ

zx throttle linkage

Guest Anonymous

Guest greimann

I don't have a pix of it yet, but see if my words can paint the picture. First, get a Lokar universal throttle cable from Summit. You can get a black sheath or stainless braid sheath. Beware the stainless braided sheath though, because it compresses after you use it several times and you will have to periodically tighten the cable until it stops compressing. The black sheath is more rigid.

Ok, now remove all of the bell cranks and links but leave the bracket that is attached to the firewall and using a piece of 1x1 angle, fabricate a bracket to hold one end of the Lokar cable. The carb end has a nice ball socket for attaching to the throttle arm. Hope this helps!

For the ghetto version, on my 81ZX, i got a brake cable from the local mountain bike store, removed all the original throttle linkages to the pedal, and ran this cable to the carb, securing it with a steel swedge (crimp on connector). I have to replace the inner cable whenever i remove the carb, but the whole setup including the zip ties i secure it with cost only 6 bux... but i also have like 7 inches of throttle pedal travel. ;>

Originally posted by ellobo97:

How has everyone out there hooked up their throttle linkage for a zx? Just wondering. Im using an edlebrock carb.

Sean

Hmm, I'm using some generic late 70's or 80's throttle cable. Pinned to top of my go pedal and fixed with a small plate at my firewall its the correct length to my adjustable linkage setup at my EFI (formerly edelbrock carb). Very cheap and easy to replace if need be.