HybridZ

Digital speedo -> analog ?

PhaTTy

Guest greimann

What car are we talking about? If a 280ZX, you should be able to swap in a '79 instrument cluster which had a 120 mph speedometer. It might require some rewiring, but it should be reasonably easy.

If you have the BW T5 5 Speed, you can get the right angle drive adapter from JTR that has a .66:1 reduction ratio and then set the Speedo to KPH and be reasonably close w/stock tires and maybe even spot on w/larger tires.

The speedometer cable from the firewall to the speedo is the same on the ZX for analog or digital (I knw because i am converting my '83 from Digital to Analog and my Auto A/C to Manual when the weather warms). Have all the parts and even got the 130MPH speedo from a '79 to replace the 85MPS 82 cluster's speedo. I have already replaced the speed Sensor on the '79 w/the one from the '82.

Z Barn supplied all parts for conversion - hey - it's still cheaper than trying to deal w/the A**holes at Z Car Atlanta....and Roger is deifinitely a good guy w/a lot of knowledge.

BTW he can get molded carpet kits, not the custom cut stuff....

I have a digital dash from a 1983 280ZX in my 1982. I also would like to get the reading up above 85 MPH. You can switch to KLM and it reads 140 KLM but you have to switch each time you start the car. I would think that you caould gear the spedo cable to match the KLM, but you would still have to switch to KLM each time you strat the car.