HybridZ

New wheels

Sorry about the picture quality, I had to take it from a distance and zoom in to get the proper perspective, so you cant see the new wheels in the rear just sitting next to the car, not actually attached. I'll try to attach another picture, maybe a little better this time

20155504.jpg[/img]

Z-Tard - So you are using the 5lug hubs right? Do have any calliper installed on there now or just the rotor held in by the wheel? I guess you are fabbing a bracket for the FCFD 4piston callipers? Those FCFD callipers are beautiful - aluminum with heat sinks - very neat! Any more detailed pics of your Pep Boys Special coil over kit? Looks really awesome!

Thanks - Yasin

Here are some more pics of the fast and furious coilover conversion. The kit was originally intended for a Honda Civic I guess, but with a little modification works fairly well on a 240 Z. The threaded aluminum tubes that came in the kit needed to be bored out about .040" to fit over the Z's strut tubes. For this reason, I dont think this would work on a 280 Z because of the larger diameter strut tubes they have. I had to make some .75" spacers to raise the aluminum tubes to the top of the strut tube, probably not neccesary, but I'm kind of a perfectionist :?The spacers set right on top of the old weld that held on the stock lower spring perch. The upper spring perches that come in the kit seem ultra cheesy, made out of flexible blue plastic. They seem to work pretty well though once in place. I had to bore out the center hole on them to 1" diameter to fit the strut shaft through. I removed .75" from the lower half of the Datsun strut mount insulator with a sawzall to make clearance for the coilover upper spring perch. It required two .125" thick washers under the bearing to completely clear. The springs that come in the kit are fairly short at 9", and extremely stiff. I may end up getting new springs further down the road, depending on how it drives with these.

20201896.jpg

20201881.jpg

20201760.jpg

20201866.jpg

you're right, it is machinist blue. My friend that did the machining on the toyota rotors put it on there as a rust preventative until I get the car running. So far so good. I wish it was permanent, it matches the coils so well.....Maybe I could just use the brakes repeatedly until they get hot enough to turn blue on thier own? Heh Heh Heh.