HybridZ

Car Labeling

RacerX

I was coming out of a restaurant late the other nite and noticed a group of cars that I thought were "ricer" cars because of all the decals, ground scrapping stance and the big exhaust tips. As I walked by and took a closer look I realized they were not japanese cars at all. There was a BMW 3 series late model with a huge rear wing and a rear window visor wing, bolt on bubble flares decals all over, big exhaust tip, then a VW Golf with a cameleon paint job and stickers all over the windows, a couple of Ford Focus with 17" wheels and decals, exhaust tips, a Mercury Mystique setup similarly. My question is if japanese cars with the decals, exhaust tip etc. are labeled "ricers" then what would you label the German cars - weiners/sauerkraters? the american made cars - burgers? Just wondering!

RacerX

I agree with Tim, rice is a universal term. I suppose it applies to cars that try to look fast, without being fast. Heck, even if they are fast, if they still have fart cannons, huge wings (for the downforce on their FWD cars) and their stickers of every product they use, its rice. I've seen cars with K&N stickers, powered by Honda ones, powered by Acura or Infiniti ones, I've even seen ones with Turtle Wax and Mobil 1 stickers. Also, as far as I'm concerned "Type R" anything that is not really "Type R" is rice. Man, I just can't stand talking to a ricer. They always bring something up like, "Hey man, my friends 300 hp Civic will burn your Trans Am." So I tell them fine, tell him to come to the track, we'll race for pink slips, but its funny since these 300 hp Civics that claim to be around never show up lol. Just makes me laugh every time I see one of those ridiculous looking things.

we call the new fad of ethnic Russian rice rockets SPUTNIKS, they are starting to pop up like mad in the Richmond district, one of them has a 240z with triples i must destroy, the other has an early zx and needs to get stomped out the game. I have four more s30s to vanquish before i can claim fastest s30 in the SFC, two i am friends with have rebello motors, one guy has a daily driver three liter and claims 200hp, and the other guy has a 3.1 claiming 260rwhp, im going for that guy at high boost.

i stopped calling my car a rice rocket when i started talking to a random group of import guys at the store one day, and they said that theyre car was all done up with kit rims and exhaust, and claimed 20hp from an intake. in their defense, they do what they can with whatever knowledge and resources they have, and make the best out of it in terms of personalizing their cars, just dont try to run the ugly black z :-D:D

Guest Anonymous

I saw an integra with a what looked like about 18" rims purple paint "type R" badges...you know, the whole package (ricey).

What I couldn't believe about this car were the white decals across the front winshield that spelled out...and this is an exact quote by the way...."TO LO 4 A FAT HO". The best thing was when I went by the guy he was kinda chubby :D

If this car would have been a ford focus, it still would have been rice to me!

Tom

I have four more s30s to vanquish before i can claim fastest s30 in the SFC, two i am friends with have rebello motors, one guy has a daily driver three liter and claims 200hp, and the other guy has a 3.1 claiming 260rwhp, im going for that guy at high boost.

psst...if im not mistaken doesent darius live in SF?