HybridZ

SDS and boost gauge

Arif

Went to the Hybrid Z event at Reynolds this weekend, first time at a strip. I noticed that my boost gauge and the Manifold press. are no where near close in terms of values. For instance my boost gauge read 15 psi and the SDS read about 8-9 psi. I didn't think they would be identical but this seems way out of whack to me. Any thoughts or suggestions? BTW it is a greedy boost gauge. Thanks.

Guest Tim78zt

Hi Arif!

Are you out of the Army and on the PGA tour in Augusta now?

Hey, I thought Greddy guages read in BAR, not psi. 1.5 Bar is like 21 psi. 1 Bar is 14psi or close to it.

Tim78zt

What going on Tim!! I wish I need some Tiger Woods money. I am stationed here for about two years and will be returning to the Republic of Texas, oputside of Dallas.

You are right the Greddy gauges are in bar however to reduce the confusion I refer to 1 bar as 14.7 psi. I think I am going to replace that gauge and see if it reads the same as my SDS.

How is the turbo coming along?

maybe kinda simple but where is you sds sensor mounted and where is the gage vacuum hose plumbed into? if they are not in the same place they will not be the same. if you have any different size piping this will affect reading from the turbo to the intake manifold ect ect

for example if you have you booste gage connected on the turbo side of an intercooler or restriction you will see higher levels there then if you were plumbed in right at the intake manifold. there is a term something about effeciency but i cant remember the exact word someone will chime in ;>

If there is a differences in pressures on different locations on the manifold it isn't going to be a big difference. I just got my boost gauge in and it reads exactly what the sds monitor reads, and they are in different locations . i have a Autometer sport comp boost gauge.