HybridZ

Need Help w/Clutch Problem

BayAreaZT

Last night I got stranded cause I couldn't get the car in gear at an intersection. The pedal just felt like it had more play. This morning I went back to take a look at it and it was shifting ok. The clutch was not slipping before this happened. Do I have a bad master cylinder or do I just need to bleed the system? Sometimes it's hard to get into first and I have to pump the clutch pedal till I can get it in gear.

how is it shifting in any other gear besides first, and how is reverse?

i would first bleed the clutch at the slave and get that out of the way of suspects. i would also check the pedal height, you might not be getting enough throw down there. sounds like you need to bleed the hydraulics a bit, because you said you have to pump it to go into first. i had the same thing happen and it turned out to be the pedal height, just reference it to

chiltons- i dont remember how high off the floor it should be, but once i set it, it was nice... good luck. gimmie a call if you need helpl

clutch pedal should be 8 inches from the floor to the front of the pedal according to the haynes manual. i have had both the master and slave cylinders go on me and it sounds like one of them is gone. when mine went they leaked. i would look under the dash at where the clutch master comes throught the firewall and see if you have any fluid there because that is a sure indicator that it is the culprit. if so i would remove it immediately and clean up any fluid on the firewall or it will eat the paint away quickly.

Changed the master and slave clylinders but still having the same problem so I'm gonna drop the tranny this weekend. This gives me an excuse to get a new performance clutch :D I'm considering an ACT or Exedy clutch. Has anyone used and exedy clutch or has heard any thing about them? They are a japanese oem supplier and is about the same price as the ACT.