HybridZ

350Z Marketing

Guest comeandzpa

Guest comeandzpa

Just went up to the Pittsburgh Auto Show on Sunday. When I stopped by the Nissan area, they gave me two things for the 350Z: first, the matchbox version of the car. Second, a small folder/box type thing that I didn't know what it was till I got home and opened it.....

It was a DVD. In September, Nissan got a Z, went to Prague, and blocked off an almost 6 mile stretch of the town. They then filmed the Z racing through the streets from 14 different camera angles. Each camera took only one continuous shot; no trick cuts or speeding up/slowing down of the film. The end result kicked my @$$ bigtime! It is an amazing 5 minute video. The added features are awesome too: there is a segment on the making of the video. There is a segment on the technology in the Z that enables it to perform so well on the racetrack. There is also a "choose your own view" function where you can watch the run from some of the cameras w/o any of the editing. Or, you can split the screen in 3 and watch from 3 angles at once!

All in all, I think that this is a brilliant marketing scheme and Nissan deserves some credit for that!

Guest comeandzpa

I can try to find someone around me w/ a dvd burner and make some copies. It really is a great film. I would suggest asking local dealers if they know how to get a copy?