HybridZ

New Car Ideas

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'll be transfering schools next year and may be able to have a part time job. I'm looking for a brand new car because i really need something that wont break down in the near future like my current ride and a warrenty would be super nice. I was thinking of a BMW 325i except its about at the limit of what i would be able to afford in the terms of monthly payments. Other ideas are the Dodge SRT-4 (though I guess insurance on this might be a little higher than others) or a new honda civic. Something that seats more than 2, fun to drive and do some auto-x maybe, has some upgrading potential and not killer on the wallet in the terms of price and insurance. Thanks, you guys have never let me down yet on good ideas.

i test drove the srt-4, and i have to say that all in all it's a extremely nice package for under 20 grand (19,995), i was pretty impressed. intercooled and turbo'd 2.4liter with a nice exhaust snarl, autometer boost gauge, and verrrrrry supportive seats (i want a set for my z)...the only downside, fwd. if i was in the market for a new daily driver i think this would be a serious contender.

Since you threw in the BMW consider test driving the Nissan Altima with the V6. Great car, lots of horsepower, handles like a sports car, and has enough room to fit my 5 month old son and all his accessories (stroller, car seat, bags). Probably not a concern with fitting baby gear but you get the point ref. the interior space. You should be able to find one with a V6 for around $24K and trust me it is worth every penny. It's the car I drive when I don't drive my Z.

i agree with not going nes, but with reliability being at the forefront, I would stay away from an M3. Check out some 325is/328is cars from 3 to 5 years old. We bought a 3 year old lease return 325is for my wife. It is a '95 and we've had it 5 years now. Its been a great car.

Guest ON3GO

aww SRT-4 rules!!!

my friend was gonna get one....went to buy it and all but just desided he rather have a 240SX with a a SR20 swap.

the seats better be nice, as there from the Viper :D.

the car moves, its very very fast.

some kid in town brought his to the strip and ran a 13.89 at like 101 mph.

thats bone stock!!!!!! faster then the 14.2 they say in the mags!

its FWD so i dont like that but it still gets out of the hole very fast, and thats one 17.6.5 rims! and the tires arent even that great.

plus its under 20G's cant beat that!

mike