HybridZ

name that body kit

evildky

it's time for everyones favorite game, name that body kit, it has one piece fenders, and one piece quarters that have been put on directly over the rusted quarters, I just bought it, neve messed with fiberglass, what do I need to do here, remove the quarter flares and cut out only rused areas or cut out whole quarter and replace fiberglass panel ? and anyone know what kit this is ?

th_DCP_0096.jpg[/img]

Guest Drewz

Do you have any better pics? When I enlarge it the quality goes for CRAP!!! Doesn't really look like a kit just some fiberglass fenders and 1/4's . the originals were probably supposed to be cut before bonding on the new ones. more detailed photos would be nice if you can swing them? :D

well they have a slight bit more flare than the origional metal, not much, maybe they are just a close fiberglass replica ? her are links to more and bigger photo's

http://www.gatewayzclub.com/members/dewzenol/images/z%20pics/More%2071%20240z%20pics/imagesinthisfolder.asp

http://www.gatewayzclub.com/members/dewzenol/images/z%20pics/71240z/imagesinthisfolder.asp

Guest Drewz

They are looking like reproduction type with a mild possibly the "IMSA" small flares. If you can pull teh 1/4 back off and see what you are dealing with. Why would they put them over the rust??? Oh well, the installation leaves alot to be desired. Pop rivets are a good temporary fastener but should be removed or they cause cracks since they allow the panel to move. If you don't need to drive it and can park it for a while I would carefully remove the rears and see what you have to deal with. Just my opinion though. If you want to keep it for a while it would be the beast to do. Good Luck Man!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Impact Parts used to sell full rear quarters with some flare built in?????

I tried to get some of these a few years ago from Impact parts.

Like most all other fiberglass parts, they have gone by the wiegh side.

Anyone with an old Impat Parts catalog, ck and see. (I remember seeing these in a "white cover" catalog from them)

I think I`m right

I dont think its the Subtle Z kit, it seems to be missing the flat, mudflap like part at the front bottom of the back wheel. Whichever one that lists in the description a semi-mudflap like quality will probably be your kit, it looks like a pretty modest couple inch flair. I dont know the flares too well at all, but I seem to remember in the description the mudflap thing, and that is what I see on this one. Some of them coutour and then tuck back into the fender, and this one goes out and stays there.