HybridZ

best motor for 240z

Guest Anonymous

Guest Your Car is Slow

Im not so concerned about ET as I am about mph.....ET just shows how well you can hook...MPH shows how much horsepower you are making :)

Im looking for 140+mph out of the z when im done :)

My suspensions never, evern hook, because I dont drag. But if you can't hookup at all, then you have a problem. Trans Am cars will go sideways in third gear, they dont stay straight till about 4th. I have video of a Trans Am Vette doing a 13.x @ 125, he rolls off the line like a shopping car, then spins, then just rolls for a bit, accelerates slowly to stay on the pavement, kicks it sideways in second and third and then at the veeeeeery end shifting to 4th he is finally staying straight to cross the line.

I have a buddy in GA who used to race bikes, and he isn't really into the drag thing either. Once in awhile its ok, but compared to road racing it bores the snot out of me, the most unsophisticated, and shortest kind of race you could have, bah. I went to Sac Raceway here one saturday to try and get some Test and Tune time, I got to run twice, in 5 hours, for $40, what an f'ing waste. I got to watch guys that got there after I did, run 3 times before I got my first run, that was also spectactular. If you run higher than 9 seconds your a nobody, and you just get the shaft.

Guest Your Car is Slow

I perfer circle track racing.

Luckily the DOT here in florida provided me a great big ol circle track.

Its called I-295 :)

you end up spending more money on hook then you ever spent to make your car fast, i dont care about hook that much, hook breaks stuff, and hook doesnt get me to the club no kinda faster, i figure with no hook halfshafts are forever young. but my car does hook, its not my tires or my suspension, its having been the king of import racing with an r200 suspension with an v8 in front of it for three years of drag race launches and clutch dump action, theres hook in the setuup, you do have to find it in any particular car though. i find the L28et car hooks up good if i drop teh clutch at 3k or so and feather it out the hole, but i run tons of squat, and it will just squat, spin, chirp, and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trans am cars are wonderful machines, and yes, they dont hook til fourth at all, and bearly in fourth, thats the true beauty of the sport, if you are watching in the stands, you know that those savage four speed v8 machines have no real traction the entire time they are doing the roundy round, and the other guys are trying to erk em into a spin or to slow em down, its just beautyful.

Thats another thing, drag breaks stuff. When you start getting 11s or faster it gets fun, at least to me, BUT ultimately its not THAT fun and I could have that feeling on the street. I understand wanting to get that extra .02 out of your reaction time and etc, but I dont care about it. I'd rather throw my ass in a corner 130 MPH sideways and hang on for dear life.

Oval track I consider a snooze too :) but if your there for all out speed, that or open road racing is the way to do it. Left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn, left turn....... On the way home yesterday I was losing the rear slowly in a hard left, twice, and this car is so damn predictable you can pull it right back with no effort. This car is so neutral it is just "the sh_t." Best "s-box" car I've ever owned :D

Interstates are great for speed too, I've never been over 149 even though my car (Z28) was totally stable, I just would not prefer to have a supprise happen at speeds like that. I dont hit I5 often enough to really push it, and the car isn't making that kind of HP anymore anyway, so 155 would be my limit instead of maybe 185-190 or so like before. Moreover if I got cought at a speed like that I'd be in for a world of hurt, for a period of years, which just isn't worth it. One of these days I'll hit Silver State (Hwy 318) and see how much fun that may be.

you really have to be in the stands to appreciate roundy round, you can see and feel what the drivers are going through. i dont like watching cone racing unless its drift style, which i know its slower, but it looks fun as heck. the z car is a very predictable car, its one of the reasons i like em so much.

Cone racing as in AutoX? Its a great teacher, but definately not as fun as RR IMO. Second gear, and you run for 1-2 minutes, very close times obviously, but its just not the same. I prefer a longer session on a 2-3 mile track. I'm sure NASCAR is a wild ride, doing 190 in anything is probably pretty "wild" in a corner, but if I had my preference I'd be in something different.

F1 would be the ultimate rush, 1300 pounds, 2-4g lateral depending on track setup, 850 HP. Hold onto your manties!

• 1 month later...