HybridZ

Euro springs vs Eibach ???

I'm planning to install new set up on my '73 Tokicos(blue) and either Euro or Eibach springs. I red article about turbo 240z in Sport Z Magazine fall issue and they mention that they switch from Euro springs to coil overs.I also remeber article in old Z car magazine about 280Z with 300zxtt engine and the owner switched from euro to Eibach because they were softer during street use and better under hard driving condition. Does anyone has experience with Euro springs? Are they worth time and money? What do you guys think is better for weekend n/a weekend car? I forgot to mention that i want to put new urethane bushings too.Thank you for all responces. And yes, i used search option,but didn't find anything about this topic.

I have the MSA Euro springs with KYB struts and full urethane treatment on my 1970 240. It was my daily driver in CA for about 8 years. With MSA sway bars and 60 series tires the car cornered very flat yet had a livable ride which handled the speed bumps.

I have no experience with Eibach springs or even coilovers. I do remember guys in my LA based Z car club complaining that their cars were so stiff that they were uncomfortable on long trips (more than a few hours). For a car that gets driven a lot the softer springs may be the better choice.

There has been a LOT of talk in past threads about coil overs. In fact, the talk is so prevalent that at one point I thought I had to put in coil overs, that they were the only way to go. But if you look at all the threads you will see the big advantage of coil overs is the ability to lower the car, a wider selection of spring rates, and some additional clearance for fatter tires/rims. If you want a daily driver, especially in a snow state when the pot holes start to bloom in the spring, then you probably don't want to lower your car anymore than the Euro springs will and you certainly don't want a super stiff spring. In fact, I have seen at least one post by a very respected HybridZ member who thinks coil overs are not necessary for a street driven car.

The Euro springs came up in another, very recent thread on coilovers. I think Phantom mentioned he is keeping the euro springs on his LS1 conversion because he, too, likes the ride. And from the money and effort he is investing into his LS1 swap, he certainly isn't doing it to cut corners!

when i finally get around to changing out my original 280 springs and shocks, id probably go to euros-How low do they drop the car, im looking to drop 1-1.5" tops and go with kyb stock replacement shocks. i like the soft ride, plus im more a drag racer than a autoxer anytime of the day.

The Eibachs are a dual rate spring IIRC, so they have a soft portion and a 'stiff' second portion, some people like that. I prefer a semi stiff car, except when my back acts up, then its hell. On the 240Z I just have stock springs with 1.5 coils cut in front, and 2+2 in the back, how much cut I dont know.

On my Camaro I have 600# fronts (stock 292), and 140-160# rears (stock around 130#), along with Koni DA.

for the 2+2 spring to work back there i think its 3.5 coils cut out.

i thought i liked stiff, ive grown to learn that i dont take corners fast enough to even need a stiff suspension, the closest thing i get to auto x ing is a nice tail slide every once and again.