HybridZ

how do I shorten cv's?

turbobluestreak

I am having new ones made by Speedway Engineering here in CA. The splines are the same as the Ford 9" shafts. They quoted me around $130 or so each...for brand new 'NASCAR quality' shafts. Depending on you're schedule.....I will be getting mine done in about 2-3 weeks.

Tim

I've seen prices in the $80 / axle to shorten (and re-spline) axles. I have to question your originally posted question though. Do I understand you are taking the viscous guts out of the R230 carrier and placing them into an R200 carrier? I did not know this was possible, and have thus been enlightened. In regards to your question about the axles. If the 280ZXT axles are of smaller diameter (at the splines) than the 300ZX, then the new splines cannot be cut on the 280ZX axles to match the 300ZX CVs. But, if that were so, then I can only assume that you would then be able to re-spline the 300ZX axles down to the 280ZX size on the outboard end instead.