HybridZ

started to build a new fuel rail

bumble zee

Sounds like it should work if you can adapt 3/8" T to a 5/16" fuel injector hose. I spent less than $50 on my fuel rail - 2 feet of stock from AZMarine, 6 1/8" NPT barbs, 2 3/8" NPT fittings for the ends. I just drilled and tapped the ends and 6 injector barbs - voila! Custom fuel rail.

Are you sure your old fuel rail was not up to the job? A restrictive rail will not lose fuel pressure, it will gain fuel pressure, as in you can't regulate it well. If you were losing pressure, check your fuel pump.

NPT = National Pipe Thread. They are standard tapered threads typically used in iron pipe plumbing that don't require sealant to seal high pressures. I used teflon tape anyway...I hope it got compressed enough to not get any pieces caught in my injectors, but I ran the pump a while before I fired it up.

I didn't take any pictures of construction, but I shall be doing a "shoot" soon to post, so you can see it installed, along with my new 3-1/2" intake and 3" exhaust. Hope it runs as well as I hope!

I was thinking about building a fuel rail as well. But, I am not really sure how to go about it. I was thinking of buying that $12 a foot fuel rail and drilling and tapping for the fittings and everything. But, I have a few questions.

Where do I put the fuel regulator? The stock one bolts to the fuel rail, right?

Can I unbolt it and just add it right before the new fuel rail? Or, do I put at the end of the fuel rail right before the return line?

These might sound like dumb questions but, I am still learning how to hot rod fuel injected cars. I just want to go to battle with as much info as possible.

Thanks,

Jason