HybridZ

Rear Spoiler

Sumo

Guest Look A Z

I have a spoiler like that on the car I am about to get. I did not know it was hard to find, then that means I am just going to keep it on the car now. :D

Ebay sucks! hell they darn near pay retail for used part now days.

Add shipping and they do!

By the way I really liked the rear spoiler in the picture Sumo posted, wish I could find one that nice.

Mike

I pulled the 3 piece spoiler from an early 80's camaro in the junkyard for $40. with some modification I'm going to make it fit my 240. Could be made to look quite a bit like the one pictured in the above post.

20201723.jpg

Mike

I pulled the 3 piece spoiler from an early 80's camaro in the junkyard for $40. with some modification I'm going to make it fit my 240. Could be made to look quite a bit like the one pictured in the above post.

Mike

That's too funny, because I pulled the SAME one from a 70's Camaro in hopes that I would eventually make it fit the 240Z as well :D I think it can be done, although I really DON'T like the fact that they are made of plastic--may be easier to cut, but I like the idea of fiberglass through & through. What will you do about the protruding metal screws for fittment purposes? Just pull them out or cut them off? Also, the Camaro unit is too wide and slightly curved (I think?)--how are you going to handle this? I ask because I'm in the same boat.

I like the idea of the Camaro unit because it sticks up a good ways and will look quite the part once it is fitted.

Davy

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled out the metal studs by tightening down two nuts on them, and then backing them out. I had considered using the side pieces in their original way, coming down the side of the car, but after much measuring and head scratching, I've decided to trim them down to use as flat endcaps on the spoiler. I'm only going to be covering the width of the rear hatch now, with no overhang onto the rear fenders at all. (ala Shelby Daytona Coupe) The angle should be just slightly under 45 degrees, and although it will create a lot of drag, it should counteract the lifting effect of the Z's rear hatch pretty well. Should have it roughed out this weekend, will try to post pics when I have anything worth showing. Also, I think if you look around, many of the camaro spoilers are made of fiberglass instead of plastic. Mine is definetly fiberglass, as it tends to shear away into fiberous splinters when you try cutting it to quickly.

Mike