HybridZ

Is this Turbine a/r too big for 3L L6?

Guest JAMIE T

Yes, from what I read of other's experiences with T04 turbos, 0.96 A/R is too large for anything but the wildest drag motor, using N2O.

On the other hand, the compressor is way too SMALL! A T04 S trim is a tiny thing, the smallest compressor for the series, and would have a hard time making even 300hp.

http://64.225.76.178/catalog/compmaps/fig6.html

Guest JAMIE T

Thanks for the quick reply. I am smarter now. :twak:

After checking out the thread about rebuilding a turbo, I think I am going to build my own T3/T4 or T3/60-1 turbo.

Guest De Schmaydee

...i had a watercooled T3 (stage III)/T04b (.57trim).....external wastegate... made for my 82zxt...really nice for a street car and it will bolt right up...good to over 400hp.

.... but if you want to drag race most guys use the T3/T04e.....it doesnt spool as fast but thats not a prob on the strip.....the E is better for drag racing.....but i like my b for regular driving.......s

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

You do need a TO4, with that size engine a .69 P should be responsive and if you have your fuel injection right at least a 60-1 up front should do. You have a large dissplacement and more CFM to fill the cylinders is required. When you are ready let me know and I can size something just for your combination. Good luck.

Alex

Costa Speed & Performance

305-888-3015