HybridZ

Turbo Downpipe Build.

jeffp

Hi all, I am sending this mail again because I haven't gotten much response to my last mail. I got responses from three people regarding the system/downpipe. I have about 31 people who have expressed an interest in at least the downpipe, so that is why I took the time to get the parts (proto) back to the bender to have them requoted.

I need to know who wants the part guys. It is looking like the middle of or end of April that I will be able to get the run going for the parts. One of the buyers has to wait until then to get the funds. I don't have a problem with that in the least, it will give the rest of you to decide if you want the part or not.

The thing is, I need at least 15 people who want the part in order to do a run, so if I cant get that many people from the 30 contacts I have kept then the group buy is not going to happen anyway.

Let me know one way or the other if you are interested in the part and if you are not, no problem, I will delete you from the list.

On a final note, I have offered this system one other time here about a year ago and got a better response. Based on what I am getting for responses this time, I think this is the last time I am going to offer the system/downpipe. If I could get the bender to do a one off build for me that would be one thing, but they wont, so now is the time to get the system/downpipe if you want it or have wanted it.

I realize some of you think it is expensive, and maybe you have a valid point, but let me remind you that this is the very best system you will be able to get for your car hands down. When you look at the cost of materials it becomes very apparent why it cost so much, the stainless steel materials are about 8 times more expensive as compared to mild steal. This is a one time deal for your car (unless you go with some really weird turbo setup or something like that) the system will last no problems.

Finally, guys I have spent numerous hours designing the system, building the proto, I have spent my personal funds on materials, machine work, bending work, going the extra distance and making the stainless steel O2 bungs (and they don't make them I can buy in stainless steel) buying the materials to put this system together. The reason was two fold, I wanted a killer system for my car, which I have gotten, and I wanted all the rest of you to have a killer system for your cars as well. This system will support all applications, even my application and design of my upgraded engine to 600Hp, and that is what motivated me to take the time and spend the money like I have on this system, hell I even dynode the system to show you the results you can get even with a bone stock engine.

So if you want it, lets get this thing put together, and I will get you the very best system money can buy, and I am QUITE sure you will not be disappointed with the parts when you get them in your hands, and install them on your cars.

And if not, then hell with it, I have better things to do with my time then to spend hours on the freeways, talk my machinist friend into letting me proto some parts, and waste my gas running down a system that no one wants. So let me know guys, and I will consider this a dead issue and go on my merry way and be just happy doing that. You can get a look at the system on my page at http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/280zxt/page11.html and bear in mind the system you are looking at is the proto. The completed system is all tig welded and looks killer no question about that.

REGARDS: Jeff Priddy :D

sorry I didn't get back with you earler I would like the system to the cat with the test pipe for 300 I'll have the money in a few weeks for it please let me know soon. Also would I be able to remove the flange to have a different flang made to fit a mitsubishi td06? Please let me know.

tbs

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Paul Felker

hi jeffp, i was just shopping around today for exhaust work, and i didnt see the first post about this exhaust system. i'm building a 78z with a 83 turbo motor and t-5 trans if that makes a difference. I'm VERY intersted in this set up, can i get it without a muffler.. and what is the cost on this(i want the down pipe also)exhaust system. I do have avalable funds for an exhaust PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOON, as im about to make one from scratch or take it to an exhaust shop. Id rather buy from people on this site like ross. c!

• 2 months later...

NICE ! I wish it was that simple for me just to buy one of yours.

I have an 83 turbo motor w/ a t3/t4 in my 73 240z and an internal waiste gate. I was hoping to find somone who has that same setup.

• 4 weeks later...

I called yesterday about the build and did not get a call back from Frank. I called again today and am waiting for a call from him. I will call again after lunch and see if I can get him on the phone. :D