HybridZ

Dash ideas for gauges, controllers, etc..

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Hey guys.

after drawing up some ideas of where i can put all my gauges and electronics i thought why not ask ppl on here.

well how about this.. for ppl with 240Z's, could u measure the center dash panel (where raido, heater controls are) from side to side, and top to bottom, i know it like widens out.

on Brad's Dash i like how he put the 2 gauges on top and then his heater switchs. thing is im not having any heater, no ac, so ill put my radio there, an dthen 3 gauges below it.

thing is i have 7 guages not 5, and thats not counting the 3 Blitz BL gauges in the 3 center dash pod.

Does like autometer sell replacement a-piller pods that holes 2 or 3 gauges for the 240Z? I hate how the crappy pods are that you have to screw in to the stock panel.

I also have a switch for my nitrous, 2 LED bulbs, and my Blitz SBC i-D boost controller, and Blitz Powermeter i-D also..

and GReddy Turbo Timer.

anybody have ideas where to put all this stuff?

i want it to look trick, and i have some ideas but im just wondering if anybody else has any.

Thanks

Mike

I have 8 Auto-meter Ultra Lite gauges installed in my Z. I deleted the heater panel and fabricated a new one out of stainless steel. If I can't download the drawing,I can e-mail you some pics if you want, and the drawing of the panel. I C.N.C machined my panel, but it could be made easily with hole saws.

Mike D.

If you REALLY want to do it right go DEFI or Apexi ELII - pant pant. I'm still deciding what to do with the heater area on my car too - no gauges or panel installed right now. I want A/C eventually but right now it's a pipe dream. I'm running Autometer gauges in my stock locations now - works great. Try finding another pod that will fit the pillar, Supras have a full replacement pod, maybe a pod from a Mustang. The plastic can probably be reshaped if you're careful...