HybridZ

L28ET wiring

All right, so far i have wired up the fuel injection part of the wiring harness, but the section that goes over to the pasenger side confuses me. Mostly with what hooks up to the battery cables. What wires go to the terminals? Pictures would be nice of some wiring of a L28ET in a First gen Z (mines a 77).

OK, maybe i didnt make myself clear. When you swap in a L28ET into a 77, is the only wiring you need to swap over is all the wiring connected to the ecu. I have almost the whole wiring harness (engine and chassie) off of a 83 turbo motor. I am just trying to fix what the old owner gave up on. Also, anyone have a 83 distrubuter for really cheap, the ears that bolt on are broken off, probably the reason it didnt work when he had it in. He was running a 77 distributer once he gave up on the 83 wiring harness. Damn this wiring is confusing. Please help a brother out. Oh yeah can anyone tell me about swapping guts from an AFM, i got the 77 and the 83, and he swapped them so he can run the 77 system on the 83. I cant afford to buy a new oil pump, distributer, and a AFM right now so i am trying to make due until after the 7th of april. I dont really drive the car but i want to be able to move it just in case.

Alright this is my last attempt for this thread, after a quick look at a 280zx non turbo, i see that their coolant temp sensor plug comes out from the fuel injector part of the main harness. How come my turbo harness doesnt have this. I cannot find my coolant temp plug anywhere. Every thing else is there, but that. I need this to swap in the correct oil pump and distributor. Any suggestions as to the easiest way to change the oil pump with the engine in the car? If no one responds to this post i am probably going to post this in a different forum. Thanks in advanced.

Ryan

Thanks, i am trying to buy a FSM but i am just waiting for the guy to respond so i can send payment. Too bad you didnt have a scan of the page with the wiring for the engine. I have a diagram for the wires showing which colors go where but it doesnt really help for this mess. My harness looks so different than that of the non turbo.

Guest Anonymous

hey datsunboy, are you R. Shepard? if so, the birds fly south in winter. or FSM shipped today however you want to look at it. disregard if you are not R. Shepard.

• 2 weeks later...

DB, how goes the swap? I'm still stuck in my own wiring hell. What wiring are you stuck on at the moment? The fusible link from the old battery cabling goes to negative on the battery BTW, although maybe you've already covered that.