HybridZ

R230 vs R200 S15 Helical LSD Spline comparison

Guest rlrl

The S15 helical LSD utilizes heavier duty stub axles than other viscous R200s. In particular they are 31 mm diameter with 30 tooth splines vs the 30 mm dia/29 tooth spline in Z32 and S13-14 VSLD.

Can anyone identify the spline/tooth count on a R230 for comparison? Someone with a diff on the bench or apart may be able to supply answer. It may be the same as the S15 helical shafts. This could enable a helical swap for both R200s and R230s.

thanx

rl are you the RL I know? If I remember correctly (I had a R230 for a short time) the side stub from a R200 will fit in but is the wrong length. Meaning they are 30mm/29 spline. I don't think that 30/29's would fit into a 31/30.

You might have to buy S15 halfshafts on ebay or try the place/person who you bought the carrier from to get them.

If you are the correct RL are we still on for wednesday night 5-5:30sh?

Don

Good info Sean.

It seems that the R230 stub axles will not be good candidates. S15 stub axles are allegedly available as special order from Japan (Part numbers are listed in separate S15 helical LSD discussion). Price unknown.

Custom stub axles can be made at some cost as an alternate.

thanx

Zenit