HybridZ

Turbo cam mild performance regrind

Guest DaneL24

Guest DaneL24

I had the idea of taking a turbo cam (L28ET) and adding a little duration to the exhaust lobes, just by opening the exhaust valve sooner BBDC. So instead of opening the exhaust valve at about 50 degrees BBDC, it would open at about 60 degrees BBDC...very mild gain in duration.

I figure this would make the turbo spool faster at low RPM as well as provide a little more exhaust to the turbine at higher RPMs. Basically an overall improvement in turbo efficiency. A small improvement but still an improvement.

So what do you guys think of this idea?

you can get a turbo cam from a P90A which had 4 deg advance cut from the factory. If you want little more hump on low end. And Iwould think with stock T3, the topend isn't that important. Mine seens get real good to 5500rpm and after that, not so hot.

The turbo cams also have less lift on the intake. I don't see the benifit of the P90 cams compared to the older "A" cams. More duration would give you more top end but I don't think there is enough difference between stock cams to make a noticable difference. If you're looking for more I would go after market and get a real improvement. A stock T3 hot side will spool up any compressor more than fast enough at 3000 rpm+. My .02.