HybridZ

ZX Conversion Update

Guest greimann

Guest Anonymous

Great looking install, looks like it was bought that way from the factory. Is that setup smog legal in Kali though? The added comfort in the second gen has to be nice even with the added weight. Nice job.

Regards,

Lone

Guest greimann

Thanks, the psudo factory look is what I was going for.

It is not legal as you see it in those pictures. I have to pull the TBI and install a carb, vacuum hoses and smog pump for inspection. One Saturday afternoons' worth of work every two years isn't bad. I believe my cruising emissions are cleaner with the "illegal" setup because of the oxy sensor feedback on the EFI.

Guest Anonymous

I hear you, if Cal. worried more about the bottom line and less at how you arrived at those smog figures they'd have way less smog. A sniffer on a chassis dyno should be all that you need to comply, not like now with all the physical inspection of the engine which must be right. Gosh, doesn't seem like rocket science to just test what it puts out and not how you tuned it to those spec's, I thought that was the idea anyway to achieve less smog. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Lone

Guest super280z

Dave, looking good bud!

i love those valve covers. im gonna use those and powercoat my intake black. forget the emissions stuff... hehe.. a demon carb would look awesome on you're ride. keep up the good work :D