HybridZ

MSA Transmission Mount Photo

Guest Anonymous

Thanx for posting The MSA trans mount picture.It is a big improvement over the ugly JTR mount but structurally the MSA mount could be also improved upon with a few reinforcing angles to give it more strength and more plate area to bolt to the tunnel. The problem is allowing enough room for the exhausts to get by the mount and transmission. A member has a website that offers a good strong transmission deisign: tim240z.iwarp.com/index.html I wish I could properly list these sites for easy acess

T Zee,

Thanks for the plug. To make it easier, just click on my homepage icon above.

Tim

BTW,

(not to rain on your parade, Miles) but I would be a bit concerned that as the tranny torques/twists it will begin to tear the tunnel sheetmetal?!

I welded in a second piece of 18 gauge sheetmetal on the inside of the tunnel (about 6" X 6") to reinforce the transmount. Maybe I'm just paranoid though.......

Guest Anonymous

I was considering welding light plate to the outside of the transmission tunnel on the interior of the car to get away from the undercoating. I cannot weld upside down anyway. I like everything "over built", but keep an eye on that MSA mount (which may never cause you a problem).

I agree that in time the mount may loosen up and it does look a bit flimsy. I had considered a doubler plate where the trans mount bolts to the tunnel, but don't have any welding equipment. We're not running much HP and the differential is solid mounted. So far the drive train is tight and there are no clunks or vibrations when banging through the gears. In the meantime I'll add checking the mount to my periodic drive train inspection.

Thanks for the feedback

Miles