HybridZ

Z31 ecu, Z31 MAF and harness crossfired?

Guest DATTO

Guest DATTO

ok how much is this system worth..running a 300z ecu, 300z MAF and the harness all crossfired ready to run with a 280zxt harness. he also told me if you want to run the stock 280zxt flapper door and ecu...just plug it in and it works as well. he didnt say what he'd charge for the system but i think its the same style that jim wolf does minus the bigger injectors. hes going to show me the setup tomorrow on his turbo 240z. said installs in 5 mins. only thing he said you gotta adjust is the idle because with the MAF it breathes more air, it also has the 240sx TB. what yah guys think? he said he can make more systems ready to be plugged in your turbo 240z.

Yes, it can be and is done. You must beware of hooking up the MAF connector backwards! The keying is defeated, and the ECU will go south on you if you connect it backwards.

Also, it's NOT the same as a JWT without bigger injectors. The JWT has code inside modified to operate bigger injectors, as well as rev limits and ignition curves modified for more power. Don't fool yourself - it is a stock ECU, and it will work just like one - I know, I run one.

Guest DATTO

oh yea my fren remapped the ecu to run like the JWT ones,he figured out what JWT was running and improved it a bit. JWT ecus liked high boost so he changed the deg per boost and got the same HP with 15 psi rather than 21 psi. he did this stuff at his work.

oh yea my fren remapped the ecu to run like the JWT ones,he figured out what JWT was running and improved it a bit. JWT ecus liked high boost so he changed the deg per boost and got the same HP with 15 psi rather than 21 psi. he did this stuff at his work.

I hope I don't sound too doubtful, but the Z31 ECU doesn't sense boost, so how can you say you changed the "deg per boost"? What is that?

IMHO, the only way you will get more power at a lower boost level is to upgrade the turbo or intercooler, or port the head and use a hotter cam, increasing flow and/or redline. The ECU should not be adjustable that way. If what you are saying is true, then you may have leaned out the fuel to a dangerous level, or increased the ignition timing to a (again) dangerous level.

From what I've heard, the JWT stuff is tuned pretty well, and it would be hard to improve it.