HybridZ

stub axle washer question-help

1 tuff z

hey, for all you z guru's! i'm ready to assemble my rear struts with the 280z stub axles-new bearings, seals, etc. but i don't have the copper [like] washers that go on either side of the steel spacer and between the bearings. i called the dealer, they can't get them either. anyone put them back together without the washers? any problems? any ideas?

help?!?!

i just went through my parts for both stub axles and only found 2 washers. i'm assuming i only had one in each as they are different from each other and i had one 240 stub and one 280 stub. they are both 1 19/32 " in diameter and 1/32 " thick but the inside hole diameters are roughly 1 1/8 " and 1 1/4 ". i'm thinking the 1 1/4" one is from the 280 stub axle because that is the beafier of the two. maybe you could find something at an autoparts store or get some made up out of copper from a laser cutter. i can't see it costing too much. hope this helps.