HybridZ

Angle plugs or straight plug???

I am using 215cc Dart Iron Eagles with straight plugs. Make sure you check your headers for proper clearances also. I still had to clearance the inner pipes to clear the plugs. Alot of the aftermarket heads have relocated plugs for better performance. Check with the head manufacturer for header recomendations. Rick 2thumbs.gif

I think it was BLKMGK or someone else that has angled plugs--ran into a few problems with header clearance. (I could be wrong about this, but a search will reveal more info). Also, I know there are at least two guys on the forum that run angled plug heads with no issues. It really depends on the header to head compatability. FWIW, I have straight plugs and I have at least 1/8 inch clearance between the thick plug wire boot and the header itself--no burned wires for me!!

Davy

i had a 350 in my car with straight plug tuned-port 305 heads. i used hooker block huggers with that setup.

in december, i replaced that engine with a 377, using canfield heads (angled-plugs). the hooker block huggers would not work with my heads. i had posted a question on here about what headers to use with angled plugs, and was pointed here: http://www.zigsstreetrods.com/engparts/headers.htm the rw37's are the ones that i use. great price AND they come coated. i get plenty of clearance, too, between the sparkplug wire boots and the headers.

i may change to full length headers in the future. the S&S headers full length will work with angled-plugs, too.