HybridZ

What the.........

Poundz9oh9

Well damn :cry: . I actually saw that picture a few months ago and wanted to find out more about it. But then forgot where I found it. Then alas!, there it was right where I left it. I wonder if I'll see it at the MSA show at the end of the month, and if he'll notice it's missing when I leave :D

Guest Want aZ

Do you remember how much he was asking for the molds, as My Dad and little brother own a Fiberglass Business in Little Rock, they definately have the experience as my Dad is a Mechanical Engineer, and Former president of the National Fiberglass Manfacture Association...Was thinking I could buy the molds, have them shipped there and possible have them crank out the former body kits and Hatches???? Ive always liked the 280 YZ and the one with the 944 flairs as well...244>????

Just a thought..

Damon

I think he was wanting 30 something thousand. He has several molds and wants to sell everything at once. He told me some of the molds needed some work and he was not sure if he could find all of the molds. It was out of my price range and seemed a bit high for what you were getting. If I were you I would work with your relatives and start from scratch and build the molds you want. It sounds like you have a weealth of information to draw from.

Well, I just got his email back...and it's not looking good. :cry:

32,000 for all of his molds and he won't sell them individually (just like it was said earlier in the post) ... Oh well, me being in So.Cal, I'll bet I can find a decent shop to do one for me.

Everybody here knows how much I like fiberglass so believe me when I say this is better done in steel. I've seen one of these up close. This would be very easy to do in steel. Four easy bends and weld it in. Another piece to hold the rear window. Weld, grind, fill, sand. These are all flat sides. Fiberglass is great for compound curves. Steel is much easier for flat stuff.

Side note: I bet AZ Z has about 32 molds. Even if some need some work that is not a bad price.