HybridZ

LS1 conversion

I was wondering if anyone has done an LS1 conversion with the six speed? Or, if anyone knows where I could obtain the whole package (engine, tranny, electronics, ect.) for a good price? Lastly, I was wondering how the skip shift function works on the manual tranny. I don't know if I sound like an idiot and misread something, but I swear I thought I saw it on the T56.

Thanks,

Ryan

You must have been looking at the T-56 auctions on ebay. I saw someone there advertising a T-56 with the skip shift solenoid modification to "eliminate those pesky 1st to 4th shifts". And he wonders why he was getting no bids on the tranny...

Bill

If you have driven a late model Camaro with a T56 if you dont have your foot in it when you shift out of first it will block 2nd and when you pull it will go into fourth gear. It is an emisions issue.. In order to defeat the skip shift you have to take the skip shift solenoid out and modify it... It actually exists guys....

I'm actually planning the same conversion for my car. Contact Grumpyvette. He knows some websites where you can get the complete LS-1/T-56 with the fuel injection, auxilliaries, etc. for about $8,350 new with a warranty. If that's a bit steep for you, like most of us, you could try www.junkyarddog.com. I got an offer off them yesterday for the same set-up but used with no warranty for $5,000 out of a late model Z-28 Camero.

Guest Anonymous

HURST makes a CAGS skip shift pigtail that you just plug in. I assume it tells the computer that everything is jake, but ignores its command to activate the solenoid and shift into 4th instead of 2nd. (I think they also did that as a fuel economy measure as well as emissions) The deal runs about 33.00 or so, saw it in Jegs. As a side note, Non computer cars dont need to worry about it, just don't hook the skip shift solenoid up and it works fine as is.

Regards,

Lone