HybridZ

Auto Modellista

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Auto Modellista is a new game for the Playstation 2. The reason why im putting this in the paint and body forum is because after you beat a few races you can unlock the fairlady z and the 240 fairlady z. You can also customize paint, stripes, ground effects and fender flares. You can also supe up your cars to the most horse power with a few easy tune ups. In the game itself you dont have to purchase anything you just have to win races to unlock certain items. And once you do that the are available for all the cars in your garage. This is the perfect game for those people (like me) who dream about makeing their z's the fastest and the coolest but dont have that kind of money yet. And for the rest of you, their is a nice selection of hondas, nissans, fords, chevys, ect. ect. ect. You can also go online whith the network adaptor and cable or dsl modems and race people around the world. Just thought you would like to know. :)

if you want a bit of Modifying Fun... Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero is a much much better game! and there are three first gen zeds in it!

a fairlady Z.. a 432R and a modified 260z which is turbocharged..

way more options for modifying the car (especially body / wheel wise) and a lot more satisfying as you have to earn the money by racing on the freeway.. sadly the graphics are nowhere near the quality of Auto Modellista.. but as a whole there is so much more to do in the game!

the list of cars in the game (and then all the mods each of them have + bodykits, etc) is just mental.. look it up on gamefaqs.com or something to fnd a list of the cars in it.. its huge! hundreds of cars!

there's my lil rant :-D

and yeah, auto modellista is damn cool too.. but Tokyo Extreme Racing is by far the better car modifying game

Guest spunkysandoval

As i understand, the tokyo extreme racer, and soon wangan midnight racing game series is influenced by a movie. It's a japanese movie who's star is a turbocharged carbed z car. The car is real in the movie. I remember a link to it but i can't remember. I'll look for it, and try to post it. pretty interesting.

While we are on the topic of S30's in videogames, i've played Auto Modelista as well as Tokyo Extreme acer, the sequel, Zero, and all the japanese versions (Shutoku Hiway Battle). I highly recomend the first 2 games for Sega Dreamcast. The PS2 version (Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero) kinda sucked, the controls were all wierd....

A few days ago i came across Wangan Midnight at the arcade, and i have to say it is by far the coolest racing game i've ever played in my life... cruising the Tokyo wangan route in an R34 GTR at over 300kph, racing the famous S30 twin turbo... it just dosn't get better...

Guest Anonymous

I have to agree that Auto Modellista is not the best game as far as raceing goes. After I unlocked the two z's in it I was dissapointed because they are rated as B cars. Even though you can raise the hp up 400+ they still dont compete with some of the other cars. Plus you dont have to be a skilled driver to win races on this game. You can make the corners with out even turing for them. I found out its easier to blast in to the wall at 150 mph and letting the wall turn you. All you need is a lot of hp and some skill with the wheel to win. But I did enjoy all the differnt ways you can modify your car. I like the fact that you dont have to spen hours raceing to make enough money to buy a part that gives you 30 hp. Ill have to try some of the other games mentioned here. Thanks.

Guest Anonymous

old post i know, but im board :? i bought auto modelista a couple days ago. have to say i am dissapointed, definitely not worth the 50 bucks. the cars handle like crap and to me, not being able to race for money to buy parts sucks. thats part of what made GT series so good. gives you a feeling of accomplishment. the movie with the 240z you are talking about is wangan midnight.

• 2 months later...

stay tuned for the new game coming out called Kaidou battle.. by the makers of Tokyo Extreme Racing.. looks like a very very tidy game getting in on the popularity of drifting / initial D..

mind you, it has many more cars then Initial D: Arcade Stage and plenty of secret cars apparently.. im guessing there's a Z hiding in there too!

Guest Anonymous

not to mention grand turismo 4 is coming out soon too.. i doubt there will be any early model z's since 3 didnt have any :(

damn i should have kept my ps2!

Guest ON3GO

from what i heard from a friend who knows ppl that work on creating the GT4 game.. there wont be any old Z's.. new Z33 is def in there but no old Z, they are taking alot of the old cars out of those GT games.

i have Auto Modellista and while its not the best game, it is fun to play just to drift some cars, and yes painting the Z's in the color i want my Z in is pretty cool, plus in the wheel section you can put watanabes on the car and etc.. very cool.

i beat GT3 and i love that game, and i also beat Zero.... and man o man is that last guys Z fast or what! i mean come on with a stroked RB26 in it it better be.. im now done with modifying the last Z and its stupid fast!

all fun games.. cant wait for GT4 and the new drifting/ racing game.

Actually i just picked up a game informer mag and it had some screen shots of gt4. I saw a 240 zg in there along with a old trueno.

Any body ever play initial d, does it have any z's in it. Also i was thinking about buying wangan midnight- jap version for ps2, but isnt tokyo extreme racer the same game for 30 bucks cheaper.

Guest POKINATCHA

Yeah, GT4 is gonna be rad. Have you seen any screenshots? Looks amazing. Auto Modellista just pissed me off because because it could have been really good, but it just seemed like it was half finished, plus I beat it three hours after I bought it.

Guest ON3GO

really!?!?!? wow guess my friend is wrong.. im glad then... im deff buying GT4 the day it comes out then.

im soo happy i was wrong lol

Guest Damn Cracker

i've played the initail d arcade game, and it sucks. there are'nt any z's in it either, its just the main cars from the series, sileighty's and stuff. its one of those games thats so slow it just boreing. one neat feature i that you can buy a little card from the machine, and it will spit it out right there, and then you pick your car, and you can win money and parts and crap to modify it, nad then you save it on to your card, and you can play your car at any machine. but i raced a stock sileighty, and like i said, it was sloooowwww. i think that they made the cars slow on purpose to try and get ytou to buy the extra crap. and they had a gt4 demo at e3 wiht 30 playable cars, and they did have a 240z and an ae86.