HybridZ

Wiring Diagram

I have a copy of a Mitchel Eectrical Schematic for the Z.

My Scanner is the pits or I'd scan it and email it.

Fuel injection relay, Fuel Pump Relay and Fuel Pump Control Relay on my car. I am not sure if it is the same for all 78 280s. the Datsun Tech I talked with said they changed to this format in the last half of the '78 run, appx, May. Previously, 75 - 77 were all close.

ecp48

UPDATE: I have since got all of the wiring done and everything seems to be working fine except the speedo and tach. Trans went out the friday before the reynolds meet and is now in the shop. Again a BIG Thanks goes out to all who posted helpful tips in this post. Thanks again guy's.

• 3 months later...

Rick,

Last week I called JTR Driveline (note: In Grand Rapids Michigan) on my day off, the day before new year.

When I called the counter guy said yes they had the product. I told him I was coming to pick it up and asked directions. It was 11:15.

He told me how to get there and said they closed at noon, he made a somewhat snooty comment that I better hurry if I was going to make it.

After I hung up his remarks had turned me off. So I called my local Auto Value parts store who has just treated me great, and asked if they could get the part for me, she sure I know a place that sells them, turns out its the same place.. I tell her that defeats the purpose, she does not know anywhere else to get and tells me they will sell it to her cheaper and pick it for me and sell it to me for the same price.

Anyway I call her today and she has it and tells me "boy they are not nice"

They tell me one price but when we arrived to pick it up they charged me a different price! And no one can figure out whom I first talked too. The first guy was decent but the others I talked to were all nasty!.

Well I thought I would share this with you...

Also I have been studying my diagram, I don't like the make up of the ignition system at all, seem more complicated than necessary. Would love to remove the ignition relay etc and install my own. Going with the LT1 I have to figure what to remove such as the coil wires, alt wires etc,,,

Not to bad but not to easy either...

Terry

I have a copy of a Mitchel Eectrical Schematic for the Z.

I have a GOOD copy from the Mitchell's book. I scanned it and it now it will email easy. It prints out nice if you can print it to scale at 11 inches wide because the fine print and fine lines were not too clear, even at 150 dpi. Also, I couldn't join all 4 pageson the computer, but this is something you can do yourself easily.

• 3 months later...