HybridZ

good deal on tools

I buy lots of stuff from them, and have seen that setup in the catalog. They have an awesome all auto tools catalog.

Looks like it would be virtually impossible to stab the motor onto that stand the way it is setup. Once you have the motor on the hoist, how do you get it closer to the stand? I think the separate stand/hoist combo would be better. My local Costco has a folding cherry picker and load leveler combo for $189.

"Looks like it would be virtually impossible to stab the motor onto that stand the way it is setup. Once you have the motor on the hoist, how do you get it closer to the stand? "

WHILE I AGREE IT LOOKS THAT WAY, MY NEIGHBOR BOUGHT THAT SETUP , the secret is having the ram/crane having a 3.5 foot length of chain between the crane while on the short setting and raised all the way up and the engine Engine Equalizer and installing a swivel in the chain/connection

it holds the engine close enought to easily swing into place.

btw he does NOT have the engine stand bolted on while removing or installing the engine in the car, and your totally correct that having BOTH a quality engine stand and crane is the better way to go about it but if the floor space in the garage and your wallets thin a combo might be the best choice