HybridZ

Replacement Ford door locks BS or what???

Owen

Owen, it was actually scca (Mike Gibson) that posted the fact he had used them before. As for part numbers, maybe someone can clue us in. I heard that the ones from Ford trucks (1970's/1980's?) were the ones to use. I suspect that the junkyard may be a good place to go and compare...then make a quality decision. The other cool thing would be to get barrel locks and go that route. I would want legitimate ones, not ricer stuff from APC et al.

Davy

Guest Zed Nugent

How about eliminating the hood button (shave it) and install a solenoid , can have a button in the cockpit and hooked into a remote power door lock (fob) setup. the route I am going but I still want door locks , and if the maximas fit that solve that problem.

I had the hatch lock rekayed to match the new locks, and I paid a whopping 25 dollar's for 2 door locks. And a total bolt-in guys.

Thanks for the great info! My locks are bearly working as well, and I'm actively thinking about something better.

Zed N: good idea about eliminating the 'button.' I never liked those and I think something (anything) would be better in it's place. A simple spring and barrel lock would be fine for my purposes. The only thing I don't like about a barrel lock is when the key starts to wear out--the lock gets more difficult to open, not easier like tha stock lock!!!

Davy

• 1 year later...
I had the hatch lock rekayed to match the new locks, and I paid a whopping 25 dollar's for 2 door locks. And a total bolt-in guys.

Can you elaborate on exactly which locks you used on where?

I was just wondering if there is a door handle with a trigger-like thing to it, along with a key mechanism.

I'm STILL looking for just the right thing to use on the doors. The Honda lock cylinder still doesn't hit me right (as a Ferrari-style door handle).

thx