HybridZ

ANOTHER FRICKEN EMERGENCY IN OKINAWA JAPAN....

Corzette

I am having problems finding Grade 8 bolts to use for mounting the rear drive shaft flange (GM TYPE) to the Differential R200. Once we do the upgrade to the GM flange, we must have longer bolts to mount it. If anyone can go to thier local bolt store and get me 4 proper length grade 8 bolts and nuts, I will pay you $10 plus shipping. Is that a deal or what? Looks like it needs 1 1/4 inch long or so if Im guessing correctly. ZFAN have you done this upgrade? Can someone help me over here. Man I am very thankful for the great people on this board, because Hybridz has not failed me yet. Any takers? Please!!!!

CorZette

What size and lenght, and I'll send you some. I'm pretty sure mine were 5/16, but not sure. I used a little longer bolt than needed and cut it off so the unthreaded shoulder would be at the shear plane between the yokes, not the threaded part. I also used self locking nuts.

jwtci@rfci.net

John

I actually stoped at OSH today to pick you up some. But they did not have the right length.

You need 5/16x24x1 5/8. Then cut them down to 1 1/8" This will ensure that you do not have threads at the place where the two surfaces meet. Like jt1 says, that's important.

I'll try Ace tomarrow.

Thanks for the reply guys. I hope ACE has them. All I know is the stock bolts dont even make it thru to the other side with the GM flange on the rear. I suspect 1 1/8 will work but you guys that have this upgrade will know better than me. Thanks for looking out. I have money in Hand. Let me know when to send my Address and money!!!

:-D

I crapped out at Ace as well. Like OSH they have 1 1/2" and 2". The unthreaded shank on the 1 1/2" is too short and the 2" is too long. 1 3/4" might work IF I can find them. I think I got mine at the driveline shop. Unfortunately with my new job I don't drive anywhere near it anymore. Anyone else out there looking for these things? We got to help our Oki-man.

I can walk across the alley from my shop and get AN/MS military hardware that is much better then the supposedly grade 8 stuff sold at hardware sores. I just need SOMEONE to give me the diameter (most likely 5/16") and the grip length (the exact length of the unthreaded portion - remember, no threads in the fastened parts). I'll also get hardened washers and half-height nylock nuts. I'm running the exact same type of fasteners connecting my custom driveshaft to my R180 flange.

EDIT: never mind.