HybridZ

Seam Sealer

RacerX

Guest Zachb55

I did this right ontop of my sealer primer because i had removed all of it prior to painting the first time around. stuff goes on really easy and can make some of those ugly welds, that people wont be seeing much of anyways, look really good, and of course seals them from water and other stuff. Very good point though RacerX i sure hope everyone who is doing a rebuild on their car would address this because ignoring it will certainly lead to rust down the road, and ugly weld seams if your like me :oops:

I bought the regular seam sealer and plan to apply on my 77 fiat spider. I have a few 1/4" by 3" cracks on the floorpan I plan to cut metal pieces, apply to outside with pop rivets. Along with precoating with seam sealer on underside and also inside of car after I first coat rust with Por 15.

I wanted to add info I obtained from a mechanic friend. Racer X have you ever used just cold tar that comes out of a caulking gun?

My friend swears by it. He says it will seal and also remain plyable enough to absorb the car vibration so it won't crack and allow moisture in the future?

Oh great goguly mugully any input on this?

Boy those fiats have alot of rust!

You know. Really I bet they do the same thing. But I think I'll go the Seam sealer because it doesn't cost that much more and its formulated for the job at hand.

Thanks Racer

Hey around 10/4/03 I'll be traveling to CA. for my 30 year reunion (dam I'm old!) at Cubberly High School in Palo Alto. I'll give you a call.

Len

• 3 weeks later...

the tar goo caulk is used in newer cars for taillights and such , new maxima taillights always come with a roll of it, man is it gooey as all heck. i just seamsealed everything in my car. man that stuff is expensive

11 bucks a tube for the 3m stuff at levines up here in CT