HybridZ

I know but gotta ask.280ZX door weatherstripping source

Len

Well, Just wondering where I can buy weatherstripping replacement for my 83 280 ZX Turbo. The Door weatherstripping along with the window and T-top rubber.

Tried MSA no luck, Vic Brit has the door weatherstripping for $99 per side!!!!! Looks like J.C. Whitney has some close matches of the Door weatherstripping for about $18 per side. No luck whatsoever for locateing the weatherstripping that mounts on frame around window and T-top.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Len

Just tried precision. They refered me to Metro. Nada! I'm looking at weatherstripping from J.C. Whitney to possibly match at around $14 to $18 per side for the door(as compaired to $90 a door). But T-top and window area don't have a clue!

Thanks anyway

Len

I called them and the guy said they don't carry t-top/window Weatherstripping anymore. You are right they do list it in their catalog. Just don't carry it.

At the $275 per side price tag I don't think I could afford it anyway! Must be gold encrusted!!!!!!! :roll:

HOLY #&%@% !!!!! :shock::shock: Do you get Vasoline with that ream job! $305 is just rediculous!

I suppose they can charge it though knowing that they are the only one who sells it. Now that is $305 for ALL the seals on each side? T-Tops and doors?

Guy

Yea! that's both the door seal and the T-top/window seal for one side. The guy said he had to go directly to Japan for then.

See we are in the wrong occupation!

My seals need to get alot worse than they currently are before I could afford that.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HellTriX

I would be getting me some rubber and a razor blade and spend the next month making them myself for that kinda rip off.

Tim

Just installed weatherstripping from J.C. Whitney. This is just for the door only. They don't have any weatherstripping to match the Window/T-top weatherstripping.

It cost a grand total of $18 for both sides. I think it will work good! Better than the $90 per door for NOS replacement.

Great minds think alike :D

Len