HybridZ

plastic interior buttons

72zcar

Are you referring to the ones with the little pin through the center, ot the one piece deals that have little 'ribs' on the pin section.

If it's the latter, get a panel removal tool from the parts store. Made specifically for removing door panels etc, without tearing the panel where the 'buttons' are attached.

Tim

ok thanks, mine are the one piece deal. no center thing in the middle. so I buy a panel romoving tool... think kragen would have it? and does this tool salvage the rivets? thanks, bob

Should have em, and yes.

Try a bodyshop supply house (paints and spray equipment etc). Something like FinishMaster or something, but I've seen them at NAPA, Pep Boys etc, in the tool isle with all their other "made in China" crap!

Tim

ok... tip: for the record don't do what I did... the plastic rivets did not need to be removed with the tool in the previous posts. They did have the little things in the middle

You're talking about the black plastic rivits right. If so just push the center stick part down with a small nail or something until it falls out, then the rivit will just pop out. The hard part is finding the stick part
so it did not need to use the tool and break about 6 of them. All i needed to do is press the middle out..crap. In the garage they look solid, I could not see the middle part...crap. Oh well live and learn. I dont blame tim by the way... its all on me, i am the one that said they did not have the center part. Now I need rivets.

Is there any cheaper place to buy the plastic rivets than MSA... I like MSA but at 6.50$ for ten plus S/H I am hating it, I need about 20-30 of them. My 73 need a buch too